How to Order a Custom Bath Caddy
So, you've picked out your preferred hardwood and style from our selection of custom-made bath trays. Now what?
The rest of the process is simple, but it does require some brief correspondence from you. Fret not: We're here to help! Here's how to order a custom-fit bath tray from Protea & Pine.
Steps and process
Before you order: selecting your size
- Measure your bathtub using these measuring tips. The most important measurement you'll need before you order is the total width of your tub where your tray will sit; the width of your tub determines which size caddy to order.
- Tip: If you are in between lengths, size up. You can request we cut your tray to be flush with your tub edges in the next step.
- Add your order to your cart and proceed through checkout. This alerts our team of your order.
Customization: submitting your specifications
- Now's a good time to recheck all of your measurements and jot them down so you're ready to submit.
- The next business day, we'll send an email with a link to a simple questionnaire where you will submit your bathtub specs.
- This is where you can share details about things like oddly shaped basins, nearby walls to avoid, etc. It's also your chance to make requests, like grain preference. While we can't guarantee special requests (some are up to Mother Nature, after all), we'll do our best to accommodate!
- Tip: Make sure to keep an eye on your inbox in case the email lands in your promotions tab or junk folder. The sooner you complete this request, the sooner we can start building!
It takes time to build from raw wood. Here's the general timeline from the time you order to shipping, in business days:
- Day 0: Date of purchase
- Days 1 to 3: Receive request for specs and confirm measurements
- By day 4: Shop receives final order details
- Days 4 to 10: Building and finishing in the shop
- By day 11: Order ships!
You'll receive updates throughout the process and again when your order ships.
Shipping optionsShipping times depend on your location. If you're in the contiguous U.S., you can choose flat rate economy shipping. If you prefer faster shipping or are outside of this shipping zone, you can select from the standard carrier rates.
We're glad to help! Please send us your questions via the form below and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.